Report Analyst I – Support
MedSource National currently has an opening for an assertive and highly detailed, full time Report Analyst who has exceptional proofreading and organizational skills available at our national headquarters in Garden City, NY.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining quality compliance by identifying specific requirements and ensuring the work product is completed to client specifications and/or state mandates. “Work Product” in this case constitutes medical reports deriving from Independent Medical Examinations (IME’s), Peer Reviews and other medical reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs quality assurance review of independent medical examination reports, peer review reports, correspondences, addendums or supplemental reviews
- Ensures clear, concise, evidence-based rationales have been provided in support of all recommendations and/or determinations
- Ensures that all client instructions and specifications have been followed and that all questions have been addressed
- Ensures each review is supported by clinical citations and references when applicable and verifies that all references cited are current and obtained from reputable medical journals and/or publications
- Ensures the content, format, and professional appearance of the reports are of the highest quality and in compliance with company standards
- Identifies any inconsistencies within the report
- Contact and maintain rapport with physicians and adjusters to ensure timely delivery of reports, monitor turnaround time
- Assists in resolution of customer complaints and quality assurance issues as needed
- Provides insight and direction to management on consultant quality, availability and compliance with all company policies and procedures and client specifications
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of company resources
- Participate in various continuing education requirements and or training activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree. Higher degree preferred.
At least 2 years of work experience in a business/customer service environment required.
Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently are required.
Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team-oriented environment.
Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is essential.
Knowledge of claims/medical terminology and/or No Fault, Workers Compensation or Liability is preferred.
Experience reading IME and/or Peer Review reports is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k), paid vacation and much more.
MedSource National is an affiliate company of MedSource Services Inc, a Michigan based, independent medical exam (IME) and review firm servicing the Midwest since 1993. MedSource National was founded to build upon and apply to the national claims market the personal, regional service that made MedSource Services Inc. successful for two decades.
The founders of MedSource National are managed care professionals with operating experience in Legal Review, Medical Examination, Peer Review, Bill Review, Quality Assurance, National Recruitment and Credentialing. With rapid consolidation of the claims, healthcare review and IME industry, there became a growing need for a national firm that was stable, integrated and ready to deliver to insurance carriers, employers, and third party administrators.
Med Source National currently maintains operational offices in Michigan, New York, and Florida. Our clients have claims in every state across the country with client management contacts residing in New York, California, Illinois, Michigan, Florida, Maryland, Arizona and Massachusetts. The MedSource National panel of credentialed IME and Peer Review providers and networks reaches all 50 states.
The core values of the management team are to operate with “client first” service, utilize flexible, secure technology, enforce stringent quality assurance measures, and most importantly, apply common sense. If you would like to know more about our services, please reach out to us and we will give you a call or set up an in person meeting.